Mildew should be taken care of with a solution of 50% chlorine bleach and
water. If it is really bad, you can spray the area, apply paper towels
(like wallpaper) and spray again. Let that sit for several hours and then
scrub. You can treat the mineral build-up with a product like CLR -
something with phosphoric acid designed to removed mineral build-up. For
soap scum, try using a Scotchbright pad or similar plastic scrubber with
some mild cleanser like Bon Ami.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.