"Ring around the toilet"?

What's the easiest way to clean the "ring around the toilet"? You know, that's the dirty part of the top of the water level that always is dirtier than the rest of the toilet.

What do you guys do/use to clean that, preferably w/o actually touching it and getting wet.

Reply to
Ablang

a toilet brush

Reply to
Baroness Benachi

"OH, DO I HATE TO TELL YOU!!!!!"

But seriously!! Wear rubber gloves--not latex-they won't hold up.

I'll go through the steps from easy to hard then tell you what you can do to prevent "ring around the toilet"

1.For all of these ---fill a small wastebasket with water, flush the toilet-letting it come back to normal, then pour water from wastebasket into the toilet. This will remove almost all of the water so you don't have to deal with it.

  1. First try--simple cleanser-and scrub with one of those green 3M scouring pads

  2. Second Try--Drizzle WHINK RUST REMOVER (you can get in grocery or hardware stores) around the ring and let sit for about a hour-be generous-or come back in 1/2 hr and drizzle some more. Scour with the 3M green scouring pad.

  1. Third Try--There is a cleanser that I think is a miracle cleanser and it can be gotten only through the internet (I think). It is called "SaladMaster Glo". Here is the site:
    I will swear to you that it will get off almost anything!! I have a very hard to clean bathtub (old porcelain) and it is the ONLY thing that works!!

Once you get it as clean and you can--go back to the internet and purchase the following: Chem-Free Toilet Cleaner.

My sister had hers for about 4 years!! I also use one in my larger humidifier!

Well, that's all I've got for you today--good luck!!

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

____Reply Separator_____

Get serious! If you don't want to touch it or get wet, I suggest you keep having the toilet replace with a new one.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Plunge the toilet brush down the throat of the toilet several times to push the water in the bowl down well below the ring. Put one of the thicker gel-like cleaners on it, like LimeAway toilet cleaner, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Swish with brush, and flush.

Reply to
jamie

Try straight borax. Pour a generous amount into the toilet sometime when it can sit for a few hours undisturbed (before you leave for work, or overnight, etc). This will make very easy work of many stains.

If that doesn't work...

First - this solution may get your hands wet. Get some good gloves.

Get a pumice stone/stick. It may take some patience, but it'll easily remove most stains without scratching the porcelain. I was amazed the first time I tried it. You can find 'em at Bed, Bath & Beyond, at some natural food stores, at thecleanteam.com (they even have one with a handle). Just get down there, and rub the pumice stone back and forth over the ring. Worked like a charm for me.

- Michael

www.4naturalcleaning.com