Re: Swiffer alternative

"Vox Humana" wrote in news:uQcGd.3681$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

I love my Swiffer, but hate the cost of the cloths. My sister uses a > high quality paper towel that she sprays with a light mist of Endust > for Electronics. I tried that, but it just didn't do the job as well > as the Swiffer. > > I got a package of microfiber cloths at Costco. They work very well. > A package of sixteen cloths (16 x16) is $9.99 and are sold in the > automotive isle. They fit great on my Swiffer Max mop. The cloths > hold the dust and pet hair as well as the Swiffer cloths and can be > rinsed or wash and used over and over. They can also be used wet for > general cleaning - often without any detergent. > >

I bought some microfiber yarn and knitted some cloths for my Swiffer. They worked so great I knitted some out of cotton for wet cleaning. fay

Reply to
Fay

That's interesting. Unfortunately, I never learned to knit. So, I use recycled surgical towels. The fit isn't perfect, but close enough for me. Besides, they last through many, many washings, and do a good job at collecting dust.

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

well why we are sharing secrets...I take the used dryer sheets out of the dryer and use them for dusting. they are great for picking up dust, specially on electronics like tvs.

Reply to
MG