newbie

i read you folks but never jump in- but now i am desperate- the white grout around my stove-how do i whiten it----thanks so much-trish

Reply to
Bob and Trish

Clorox Bleach Stick.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

On Thu 07 Jul 2005 07:11:06a, Bob and Trish wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Try brushing it with toothpaste. If that fails, cover it with bleach-soaked paper towel.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

You probably won't restore it to white. You can try, but when that fails you can remove it with a grout saw and regrout. Make sure to use a good sealer on it every 6 month. If it were me, I would regrout in a darker color. I have tile counter and I did my grout in a medium tan color. It still stains, even with a good sealer, but there isn't the stark contrast that would occur with white grout.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Thankyou all so much-the bleach pen worked well--when I ran out-I finished with cascade gel-dishwasher soap-let it set-i think it may be just as good

Reply to
Bob and Trish