My dog wet my bed

How can I get the urine odor out of my mattress? S2

Reply to
Stuart

Phisherman

1> sell dog for top dollar 2> use that money to replace mattress.
Reply to
bicycle(Mr. R. White)

-> How can I get the urine odor out of my mattress?

-> S2

You can try an enzymatic cleaner -- there are several made for "pet stains and odors." I use one called "Out!" which I get cheap at Wal-Mart. You will find a variety at any large pet store.

Pour a liberal amount on the exact spot where the dog peed, ensuring that you have saturated the area. Then just wait until the mattress dries. This may take awhile, because you're going to have to use at least as much cleaner as there was pee.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to buy a new mattress.

You might also want to take the dog to see the vet to be sure he/she isn't suffering from a urinary tract problem. Seriously.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I agree. There could be a number of health issues. One could be an infection. Diabetes is another condition that requires immediate attention. Kidney stones and kidney failure need to be ruled out. Finally, older female dogs often become incontinent. This condition can be easily and inexpensively treated with medication.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Do you live in a two story house? If so.. go get a stick from the yard, then go upstairs. Open a window.. call the doggie... here boy! toss the stick out the window as you yell... FETCH! lucy :)

Reply to
lucy