Laundry Proof Pen?

Hi,

Is there a readily available pen for marking clothes labels? I have a problem knowing which clothes can go into the washer/dryer and which can't. It would help if my wife could mark those clothes that require special handling.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown

Yes, they are called "laundry markers" and are little different from the Sharpie you wrote about.

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

Are you saying that Gary Brown and Greg Buggy are one in the same? They are the only posts I could find with a similar topic re sharpies. If so can you tell me how you came to this conclusion? I don't dispute it nor am I trying to be derisive, I'm just very curious.

Also, what is the nitro solvent to which you refered? It is some kind of hydrocarbon? I think I once saw a gun cleaner by that name.

And, while I don't know your background, you seemed fairly knowledgeable about the solvents. Any idea how a HC based solvent like brasso can clean and polish metal ( with any abrasive compounds being excluded.)

A hodepodge of odd questions to be sure, but I am a very curious person. A bit miswired perhaps, but curious non the less.

Thank you Irv>>

Reply to
Irving Drinkwine

I don't recall suggesting, in any way, to even the slightest degree, "that Gary Brown and Greg Buggy are one in the same" person. I don't have a clue, and frankly I couldn't care less. I responded to the messages: not the messengers.

Yes, nitro solvent is a hydrocarbon concoction for cleaning guns.

My knowledge of solvents is only very slightly beyond that of the average person. Solvents are interesting to me because of what they can do--and undo. I also enjoy the scent of most solvents.

I'm not a chemist, but metal usually tarnish as a result of oxidation. The opposite chemical reaction is reduction. So a solvent merely provides a medium for a reduction reaction. Perhaps a more knowledgeable poster will see this and set us straight.

I recall that Brasso contains petroleum distillates, but somehow I never considered "HC based". I do consider it abrasive, but "abrasive" is a relative descriptor.

_______________________________ Dirty deeds done dirt cheap; free, in some cases.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

How very amusing. It took me a while... I'm having it on toast this very minute.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk