Irons?

Hi. This might not be the best place to ask, and feel free to point me elsewhere, but I want to buy a new iron, and know absolutely nothing about irons. The one I have now is too light, and doesn't press down on my clothes enough. A friend of mine was recommended an iron made by Tefal, and it was very expensive, but it dribbles brown juice all over their white shirts and blouses, so I guess you never know. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
The Crow

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:06:13 +0100, "The Crow" wrote: [snip] You have two points here that need addressing.

You don't tell us of your needs or space limitations so I'll assume you are not needing a professional-grade iron or one that will allow you to sit and use it; all you need is a standard consumer-grade hand-iron.

I've had excellent luck with my Black and Decker Type 1. It has a dial for controlling the amount of heat to the iron, a dial to control the amount of steam or no steam, and a button for "spritzing" clothes. I also enjoy the auto-shut-off feature. It's about 2-lbs. when the reservoir is full and the bottom is stainless steel. It cost me US$15.00 several years ago and hasn't shown any signs that it's going to give out any time soon.

This was because they used regular tap or "spring" water and did not use distilled water. Then they left the iron's water reservoir filled after using it. Now, when they have the steam feature going, it's sputtering the rust residue out all over their clean, white clothes. I don't know of any sure way to remove the rust from the insides. Even if they rinsed it out, the moment they used it again, the process would start anew and continue dribbling the rust over their clothing.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Reply to
kidbum

I agree. I love my Rowenta. I have always preferred a stainless steel plate rather than a Teflon coated one.

The Crow wrote:

Reply to
Bonnie Jean