Insurance for ironing and cleaning service.

Does any one know of a UK insurance company that will offer reasonable insurance for a start-up company offering pick up and deliver ironing and home cleaning services.

There are many companies offering this type of service but when I have enquired they want £200-£300 for 1 person, and over £1500 if we have a few girls working for us.

Thanks

Reply to
Philip

Don't know about UK. Seems to me that the ironing pick up service is nothing from an exposure standpoint. You could wreck, lose or mix up some clothes, but wouldn't expect the insurer to worry about that. But if you're sending employees into homes to clean, then you have potential damage to property, breakage of valuables, theft, and whatever other bad things happen in the cleaning business. (maybe assault arising from arguments, eg)

Bryan

Reply to
bam

I have the same problem, because of the "slip and trip" brigade my PL insurance has risen by 2000% over the last few years, also startup is seen as an even bigger risk due to percieved inexperience of the company, or someone and his/her mates out to make a quick and easy insurance claim

Reply to
Ray Zorblade