Getting rid of smelly feet odor

How I hate this custom of taking off shoes indoors!

3 weeks ago we had a visitor whose feet were damp and smelly, 8 on scale of 10.

Even now the carpet areas that he had stood or walked on still give odor that makes me sick.

I really do not have the energy to shampoo the whole house, I'm looking for a way to spot clean without shampoo.

Thanks.

Reply to
annAnna

I'd try something like Nature's Miracle or anothe enzyme-based carpet cleaner. Of course, you might start by spraying white vinegar on the affected areas and waiting about 24 hours before you go the enzyme route.

Reply to
montana wildhack

Thanks for the tip. I've never tried anything with vinegar...should it be diluted before use?

Reply to
tidybin

:montana wildhack wrote: :> On 2005-03-03 00:42:17 -0500, annAnna said: :> :>> How I hate this custom of taking off shoes indoors! :>>

:>> 3 weeks ago we had a visitor whose feet were damp and smelly, 8 on :>> scale of 10. :>>

:>> Even now the carpet areas that he had stood or walked on still give :>> odor that makes me sick. :>>

:>> I really do not have the energy to shampoo the whole house, I'm :>> looking for a way to spot clean without shampoo. :>>

:>> Thanks. :> :> :> I'd try something like Nature's Miracle or anothe enzyme-based carpet :> cleaner. Of course, you might start by spraying white vinegar on the :> affected areas and waiting about 24 hours before you go the enzyme route. :> : :Thanks for the tip. I've never tried anything with vinegar...should it :be diluted before use?

A couple of months ago I had something worse than smelly feet permeate my carpet. I used diluted vinegar...can't remember the dilution but a google search should reveal it. Once dry, I sprayed the heavy duty Febreze (for carpet and upholstery...not the room spray) over the area, lightly, for several days in a row. It worked! I was shocked!

Aloha...Sue

Reply to
Sue Larkin

Sue, you're the bearer of good news indeed!!

Reply to
tidybin