Cleaning Question - re: Cat's Urine

HI, folks - I would like to know if anyone has any experience with cleaning cat urine off of the footbed of a Birkenstock sandal. I've tried lots of things, but the spot is still smelly & tacky to the touch.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Claire

--

********************************************* WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

you can go to most any grocery store and get the carpet cleaner designed to eliminate pet odors the odor will not go away immediately but should be gone in a day or so. i think direct sunlight also breaks down urine smell pretty fast

Reply to
philo

In article , C writes

If water isn't a problem for the sandal then a wash in biological washing powder (laundry powder) should sort the problem. I have no idea what kind of sandal a Birkenstock is as I live in the UK - it could be anything from a tough rugged outdoor sandal to something nearly as girly as a Jimmy Choo!

Reply to
Five Cats

In 1987, while on a walk after dark, my husband and I were sprayed by a skunk. Yes, my leather shoes were saturated with the scent. My mother-in-law suggested that I spray the shoes with Lysol spray until they were wet, wrap them in a plastic garbage bag and put them in the freezer for several days, take them out let them thaw and dry. I followed her instructions, as crazy as they sounded and it worked beautifully

Reply to
Amy Johnson

She's got the healing powers of medicinal marijuana And she feeds herself the same ole crap she feeds to her iguana And she won't go to the bar God forbid that she drive a car And of course she will protest the war

Chorus: I get excited when I see her You better pass me the saltpeter Like a sailor on shore leave Like a recent parolee I want to date her but first bathe her She always eating echinacea On her feet are birkenstocks I guess my head is filled with rocks

(etc etc etc) ...although pretty stylish people wear them of late, thus ruining cliches everywhere ;-) kylie

--

0tterbot