candle wax on hardwood floor

Candle wax on a hard wood floor. What's the best way to safely remove wax without damaging the hard wood finish? I dare NOT use a razor blade. Don't want to run risk of gouging the floor. I thought about laying an old cloth over the wax then set a pot of boiling water on top of the cloth to soften up wax? Am I on track or should I try another method?

PW

Reply to
PW

Put some ice in a plastic bag and set it over the wax. After a few minutes, use a plastic scraper or a credit card to scrape the wax off the floor. It may just pop right off. You can use some mineral spirits to clean off any residue if the floor has been sealed with varnish or polyurethane.

Reply to
Vox Humana

If it's small, you could use the edge of a plastic spatula or a credit card to scrape it off without damaging the floor. In any case, if you put an **icepack on the wax spill for a few minutes, the wax will contract as it cools and you'll be able to remove it easily with a plastic edge.

**If you don't have an icepack handy, put a few ice cubes in a freezer bag.
Reply to
Turandot

Easy. Use a credit card, scraping until there is no more to be scraped, then buff it off with a cotton terry cloth. Use patience and a little TLC. A hot pot could damage your floor/finish. I could give you other/better suggestions if I knew your floor finish type. (I'm glad this was not another candle-wax-in-the-carpet question.)

Reply to
Phisherman