black rubber stain on wood

The black rubber feet of a piece of audio equipt. has left brown stains on a wood surface. Any suggestion, please, for removal? Otherwise, I'll have to plop down some kind of less hideous mat to hide them, as there's a smaller item on that surface now. Thanks.

Reply to
val189

Rubber contains sulfur, a very reactive element. I'm not sure if the sulfur reacted with the finish or bare wood? Mineral spirits might (I have my doubts) remove the marks and should not harm most finishes nor bare wood. If the wood has a good finish on it you can try applying paste wax, then buffing it out with a clean dry soft cloth.

Reply to
Phisherman