Latest threads in Carpentryshow only best voted threads

Subcategories: Glue 2
Subject Author Posted Replies

what is the best wood to use when replacing fascia board on a manufactured home
No further details provided

HOW TO MAKE OSB BOARD SMOOTH
No further details provided

Wall bows out in winter
My outside wall starts to bow(about1/4 to 3/8 inch at it's maximum) out in October and returns to straight in the spring. It is a non-load bearing outside wall. The basement under this area is heated....

How DO YOU DEAL WITH A CONTRACTORS POOR WORKMANSHIP
Hi. I am a homeowner knowledgable of most homebuilding construction practices with a keen eye for wanting and expecting good workmanship. I have been under contract with a local design/build...

do i need felt paper under rolled mineral paper on bare wood
No further details provided

Can I use liquid nails attach new porch spindles to an existing rail?
The spindles on my porch rail have rotted, but the top and bottom rail are in pretty good shape. Can I just replace the spindles and attach them with liquid nails or do I need to nail or screw them in...

legal recourse for a cheating building contractor
I hired a contractor to add an addition to my home. The contractor said, after a few days, he had to use someone' s license because his had expired and it would take at least 30 days to get his and...

How can I stop a particleboard drawer in an RV from crumbling?
Our old park model RV has particleboard drawers in the bathroom. When the faucet was replaced (by a professional), the drawers got sprayed with water and now they crumble into the drawer below every...

shear strength of Teco nails?
What is the shear strength of a single Teco nail on an earthquake strap? I realize those straps required multiple nails but I am curious as to just what is the capacity of one nail.
1
1

What would be an approximate cost for labor (only) to erect a 30 x 45 pole barn?
Standard big box pole frame barn. 30 x 45 feet. One large sliding door 12 x 8. One man door 36 x 80. One window 24 x 36. Built on level grade. Concrete to be poured after erection. Barn costs...

which side of plat spline goes towards frame
After looking at all the sites on how to re-screen using flat spline, nobody has stated which side goes towards the frame - flat or curved?

my boss makes me use power saw in the rain
No further details provided

teak wood beams 5"X 6" x15ft from Indonesia
I am helping a lady in metro Atlanta sell off some items . She has 3 Beams of Teak Wood still in the shipping wrap from Indonesia they are 15ft x 5' x 6" any idea of the value and where to sell them?...

I am hanging a 47
I purchased a 47" flat screen TV with a tilt type bracket. What type of anchors should I use to attached the bracket to aluminum dry wall studs? Thanks Pat

crooked bulkhead level cabinets,how do i fix the gaps?
No further details provided
2
2