Latest threads in Carpentryshow only best voted threads

Subcategories: Glue 2
Subject Author Posted Replies

how far will a 4by12by 20 feet header span..
No further details provided

is it recommended using a 3/8 RTD sheathing over a three quarter cross bracing
Is it okay to put a 3/8 RTD sheathing Over a three quarter Cross brace Subfloor

What size drill bit required for anchor?
I am trying to hang a small rack. It says to drill a 3/32" pilot hole into the stud. However I am attaching it to drywall. It says I will need an anchor but doesn't tell me what size pilot hole I...

Do you guys draw up design plans for small outdoor structures?
I volunteer for an animal shelter and we are in need of outdoor cat habitats. The ones currently in place just aren't stimulating enough for the cats. Problem is, we aren't too sure how to go about...

red resart button wont respond on sears craftsman 10" Mod. Num. 113.19770
No further details provided
1
1

Garage shelving .750 thick plywood 30D" x 36"W
I have ball bearing glide supports used in office furn. file cabinets. Normally loaded with blocks of particle board blocks 1" wide 12"Ht. and 28" deep the full width of the shelf. I'm making shelving...

Looking for a parts listing on a Haubold RN90 Framing nailer 22 Degree 3 1/2 st
3 1/2 streight line nails full heads Need a parts listing and a place to buy the parts..?

top of a buffet I am redoing is peeling some kind of thin paper wood,
The buffet top is covered with some type of paper wood very thin, I want to cover it with something. Where do I get this or with something else. Open for suggestions. Carla

Is there a type of drawer slide that stops or locks at any position?
Looking for a drawer slide that will hold a drawer open at any position--like you would want on a keyboard drawer for example. Is there such a thing and what type of slide is it called? Or is there...

Ballet rail bracket spacing?
Hi Iam looking to see if there are any recommendations on spacing of brackets of a wooden handrail that is to be fitted in a ballet studio. Thanks

What product do I use to span 32' for a covered outdoor living room.
Roof pitch is 5/12 and only want to use two 6x6 posts to keep an open end for view.

do scratch built dollhouses need to be framed
Hi i am thinking of scratch building a large multiroom dollhouse. Does it need to be framed perhaps for support since most of the framing will then be covered much like a real time house? Any...

I want to hang a 6 lb 25" mosaic letter on my exterior fiberglass door. My husband says it can't be done. Please help!
No further details provided

Can I eliminate the 3rd stringer on my stairs?
My current stairs are 36" wide. The treads are 11 3/4" deep and 1 1/8" thick. The risers are 6 3/4" tall. I would like to rebuild the stairs so that I can eliminate the 3rd stringer. I would like to...
1
1

Pivot Flipper Door
I am looking for hardware to hang a 24 X 80 closet door that will pivot 90 degrees and then slide into the closet. I can find hardware for cabinets, but not full sized doors.