"The choice of reviewers is critical. How well they express their aesthetic opinions and justify their recommendations will determine the acceptability of the process."

Coming soon to a jurisdiction near you:

I've mixed feelings about this, though I used to be dead against it, so I must be coming around to the idea. On the one hand I bristle at the thought of some greasy, politically-connected guy arbitrating taste. If he's so good, why isn't he designing the building? In reality however, so many clients/builders butcher good building designs, or demand ugly buildings, so that having some aesthete, whether you agree with him or not, with the authority to impose some qualities on projects might not be a bad thing....as long as I can charge per diems for all the extra meetings.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Concerning the expression of aesthetic opinions and the justification of recommendations:

- Society is a kind of parent to its members. It if, and they are to thrive, its values must be clear, coherent and generally acceptable.

Milton R. Saperstein

Reply to
aesthete8