Stupid footer question

That past few winters we've had little snow and brutal cold temperatures. A couple of winters ago, almost everyone's septic systems froze up. Frost down 7' in most places with a few reaching 8'.

Frost design depth here is 5'... But most people just opt for the additional small expense and go 8+' with a basement (unless they have water table issues).

Reply to
3D Peruna

What possible reason could plant roots have to enter a nutrient rich water and sludge supply...? Nah - never happen!

RicodJour

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

[snip]

Do sunflowers like to have "wet feet"? Maybe you should look into some native plants that like wet/boggy conditions...?

Problems with sunflowers in wet soil:

How wet is your soil? Is it constantly wet, or intermittantly? Is the area in full sun, part sun, part shade, or deep shade? IIRC, you're in hardiness zone 6, is that correct:

?

THis part of the site allows you to enter as many (or as few) conditions are you require, and then get back a linked listing of good candidates:

Need more...?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

If you need someone to make a shop drawing for piece of rebar, let me know.

:-)

Reply to
TheRebarGuy

Just remember this, if the rebar is shown on the drawing with a dashed bold line it doesn't mean that the rebar is to be installed in short separate little peace's.

Reply to
Chuck News