Slopping floors

Since it's impossible to build a perfectly level floor, or flat roof, I design and build with a

1" over 8' slope (~ 1/100). Water then flows predictably, but 1/100 slope is sub-conscious. That cover's the issue when a pipe breaks or a large spill occurs, the flow is directed to drains in the floor near the wall edges , and away from the expensively carpeted areas. I know inundation it not supposed to happen but it likely will, hurricanes happen. Do normally minded architects consider that in building?

I'm setting my piers for my tiny 20x20 and I just surveyed the tops for that slope. TIA Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

That low level pain might be due to something else :-).

I used a cushion to support my posterior and it permits enough adjustment that a 1/100 slope is cancelled over my tiny 14" bum-bum on my chair.

stepdown and

Well Don, you have a boney bum, and you don't use cushions, are you sure you're qualified to comment on the problem. We need a fat ass architect to chime in here... :-) Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Too busy hounging down the fries. And besides, I'm not a real architect.

Reply to
gruhn