Rednecks

I did a newsgroup search for "redneck" and came up with 10 groups, all of them completely dead. Even spammers are barely hitting them. I know they're out there somewhere....

Some other links:

Most informative:

Click once on the navigation on this one:
This one's for jojo:

Michael Bulatovich

According to

"redneck" is merely a specialization of "white trash."

There are plenty of web pages with information on white trash. One that has an architectural emphasis is bttp://

.

Reply to
Richard Pollock

hehe I enjoyed that, but I was looking for a newsgroup for rednecks. You're in those hills near Oak Ridge aren't you? Do you get a lot of rednecks up there? ; )

Did you hear that they are evicting a bunch of people from a trailer park near *Square One*?

Michael Bulatovich

Look no further than yur own surname, Bulatovic'. Many Serbs and Montenegrins with your surname were born and raised and still exist in primitive villages not as evolved as yer basic American redneck territory..

Maybe you're related? Google Miodrag Bulatovic, Kosta Bulatovic, Branko Bulatovic, Pavle Bulatovic - good, bad, ugly and even esteemed.

Reply to
++

++

Michael Bulatovich View profile

More options Jan 4 1997, 4:00 am

Newsgroups: *alt.beograd* From: *"Michael Bulatovich" * Date: *1997/01/04* Subject: *Bulatovich, Architect, seeks same in Belgrade*

Does anyone know how I might contact a long lost first cousin who attended the Architectural Faculty in Belgrade? I don't know her first name, or age, but I do believe she attended the Faculty in the 1970's. Her mother or father was the offspring of Radovan *Bulatovic* from some small 'celo' in Montenegro, and the brother or sister of my father, (Pop) Uros *Bulatovic* who emigrated to Canada after WWII. I have also trained as an *Architect* in Canada and am curious of what else we may have in common. I would appreciate any leads.

Reply to
++

My apologies. I was careless in my reading and missed "newsgroup."

Maybe there are some active white supremacist oriented newsgroups that will give you the contact with rednecks that you are looking for. :)

The "letters" section of the local small-town rag shows that traditional redneckism is alive and well here.

Players for the Toronto Maple Leafs seem to be attracted to this area. Just look for the huge, turreted, "classy" estates in the middle of barren former farm fields. Proof that someone can be a multi-millionaire and a redneck all at the same time.

Those trailer park residents should just understand that unlike another strip-mall that is anchored by a Tim Horton's (with a drive through, please) or a Dollarama, their homes simply aren't the "best and highest use" of that land.

Reply to
Richard Pollock

a proper trailer , a singlewide or double wide, is high enough. Usually up on blocks. As for use, what's wrong with nomds?

Reply to
++

Don't I know it. IINM the name grew from a single progenitor in a specific place several hundred years ago, so ostensibly everyone with the name is in some way related.

Your point? We're not all the same? Phew!

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Michael Bulatovich

S' OK.

We needed proof? ; )

The word "classy" is a funny kind of shibboleth. I picture it in a sparkling graphic ironed on to a fringed jersey belly top with colored beads suspended from each piece of fringe....It's one of those words that can almost only be used with supreme naivety or supreme irony.

Yeah, but that's asking quite a bit of people who may average less than a high school education, and have considerable self-interest in seeing the status quo persist. If I were them, I'd play the pity card too. At least they aren't armed.

(Sounds like you've heard of the OMB.)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I suspect that Hazel "We run our city like a business" McCallion (

) and many members of the Mississauga City council actually register higher on the redneck-o-meter than most of those trailer park residents.

Reply to
Richard Pollock

You may be right. McCallion's miracle may be coming to an end along with all those development charges. Do you know they're talking about charging for

*parking* now? I used to be able to park in front of their city hall for free...
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

...BTW, did you know she still plays hockey?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The team enforcer, no doubt.

Reply to
Richard Pollock

They all grew up in small villages

Reply to
++

I'm related to a fami8ly that is literally like that, and by this century it is also interracial, making it ever more interesting.

Actually, I pulled all the posts because I do know that mostly all Bulatovici are related, so you are responding to something that was only up for a couple minutes. I had thought, well, that's kind of personal, so I pulled the posts.

I posted what I did and negatively reacted because I don't generally like to make fun of people and cultures if I am not a part of them. Sometimes you have to take a close look instead of engage in a dismissive jocular generalization.

ex.What's it like to be a part of an antique American culture where the men grow one fingermail about 8-12" long because it is emblemmatic of having to work for a living with one's hands, even if all the men in that specific cultural grou work with their hands? In the specific subset of redneck culture to which I refer, men and women do intricate English country dancing from a few centuries ago that has otherwise disappeared. Sometimes there are unique cultural aspects worthy of preservation within cultural groups easy to generalize. Takes a keen eye.

Reply to
++

Oh. I think I see your point. My father's ancestors were probably rednecks of a sort. ( I haven't met one.) Of that I have little doubt, but it doesn't make me too uncomfortable. I'm equally certain that some of my ancestors were chimps, and I don't identify with either group. My heart belongs to the mighty Lower Don, and the Leafs of course. (Go Sens!)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

How do you "pull a post"? Do you mean on the Google Groups interface? I thought that once it's posted it's posted.

So you regret it? That's an interesting imperative you declare. When does a grouping become a culture that is worthy of that kind of respect? How long does that take, etc.? Cultures come and cultures go. I can't think of one that doesn't have blood on it's hands. They certainly aren't sacred.

Finally, there's the presumption that you can't make fun of another group. It's PC, but that one I don't buy. Those outside the group are the *first* to recognize it's foibles. Everybody could be seen as part of such a group, so we should all keep our sense of humor handy. Our situation is absurd.

Do you mean *not* working with your hands?

I'm having trouble putting theses pieces together. Can you elaborate?

With 'sometimes' at the front of that sentence I have no issue with it, since it permits one to argue, depending on the specifics and one's objective, for their eradication. (Aspects, not groups.)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

If you want a site that combines rednecks with architecture, try this one:

DT