Looking for info on cool Vashon house

Hello all...I recently found a very cool picture of the house I grew up in on Vashon-Maury Island, Washington. It has since been remodeled into total submission, but it used to look like this:

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me the style of the house, ie. Craftsman, whatever. It was built in 1910. Also, what would you call the architectural detail above the angled (bay?) window? Anything anyone can tell me would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

snipped-for-privacy@meet-n-eat.com

Reply to
Ned Sneed

This type of house somewhat common. It's bay window and porch are leftovers from victorian designs. It isn't craftsman. What makes this house different is that there isn't a full second story. Row houses all over the US look like this, except they have a full second story. I would imagine that since getting lumber to Vashon probably cost a fair bit of money, the builder probably thought to make the best use of both money and supplies and build it as you see. I believe that I've seen this style of house in one of my victorian designs book, and was described as a victorian farm house. Around here, Victorian style houses were built up to the depression.

Reply to
noel