Half a musical treat for half an explanation

"We are All Little Karadjic'es and Mladic'es" (Referring to the two individuals still wanted by the Hague for War Crimes), rare extremely nationalist song:

free download:

++

Riffin' on "Ich bin ein Berliner"? (I can't make out much of it...3-year-old's vocab.)

Newsflash: Angry, hate-filled people will eat your kids just to hear them scream ...all over the world:

...and if that's not crazy enough, more locally, psychotics have rights too:

Michael Bulatovich

Didn't go to it, you're right, we have to calm all those angrypeople manipulating other people to be angry. The MP3 link is a classic of nostalgic bloody manipulation and one of those things that might disappear overnight but I noticed some real patrioti have even put the horror up as background to an extremely nationalist web video. As old as nationalism's use to pump up the troops, this and turbo folk were often enjoyed to the use of drugs in order to pump up the troops to be other than they usually could be. Modern warfare.

Not yet. I celebrate on the church calendar (just add thirteen days this year to reach any given Julian calendar date from the gregorian calendar date). Three interpretations of the same piece, To You we sing:

in Romanian: Pre tine Te laudam, pre Tine binetecuvantam, Tie iti multumin Doamne, si ne rugam Tie, Dumnezeului nostru. translation: We praise Thee, we bless Thee, we give thanks unto You, our God

Reply to
++

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Whan I was working at the agency, one of my coworkers told me that she had been stationed in Berlin at teh time Kennedy injected that bit into his speech. THe funny thing was that Berlin residents didn't really call themselves that- OTOH, a "Berliner" was a kind of exceedingly popular type of filled donut... So the Americans loved it for one reason, and the folks in Berlin were amused for a different reason. ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Hilarious, and a delicious pastry.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Maybe the time frame made a difference...? It's just one person's anecdote - she might have though it more common than it was. But I still likethe story. "I am a DONUT",

I often wondered how they got "Germany" from "Deutschland". There are changes that occur over time (see Grimm's Law), but ti still seem slike a bit of a stretch to me...

I loved German, took it in HS and UNiversity. I didn't use it much in work, tho'. Studies Russian first by myself, then through tutors, but had to take a College course before I could start work (so I took the INtensive Summer Session in Russian at INdiana U. in Bloomington). RUssian is liek German in that, if you don't know the word for something, you can add otherwords together and people will very often understand what you're talking about.

I'll eventually load up my Spanish program and try to learn some, but that's because it's practical - unlike most poeple, the Romance languages are less comfortable for me than the "rougher" languages, because I grew up hearing (if not being taught) Polish and some German. I'd like to learn Chinese at some point, too, because I'm fascinated by the idea of a language that uses *both* sounds and tones - closest humans come to a language based upon music.

But German is cool, IMO. I also like the pics of the country and architecture. I relate to them.

YEs, it's quite literal in that way. Russian is similar.

I did not like French too much; took too many letters and extra words to write things. I write slowly as it is, so last thing I need is more words'n'letters I had learned some, but never stuck with it.

Of course, I haven't used anything but English for over a decade, so at this point, I can barely remeber anything at all of any other language - no ractice, and my brain dumps whatever isn't being used at the current time (or at least puts it into a very deep cold storage...)

Now that I do remember!

Reply to
Kris Krieger