Completely off topic...how do you organize your MP3's

I've been using Musicmatch Jukebox for quite some time, but have been frustrated by it...I'm not sure why, it just seems to not feel right.

So, the last few days I've been using iTunes. Not much better...I think a step backwards.

Any recommendations? I'll be nearing the 50 gig range when my CD collection is fully ripped.

Reply to
3D Peruna

I rather like WinAmp 5's "Media Library". I currently have no problem going through my 6906 MP3s at a whim, with easy searches based upon artist, album, and track name at the same time.

I tried iTunes, and I wasn't impressed. It seems to like eating up lots of screen real estate, and just felt counter-intuitive.

If you can bring yourself to using it, some like using Windows Media Player.

If you got really creative, you could use a Linux computer running mpd (Music Player Daemon,

which uses what Windows people might call a "network service" to playback MP3s, so you could easily control MP3 playback anywhere in the house from a web browser. Further implementation of coolness with mpd is left as an excersise to the reader.

I however record all my MP3s to vinyl LP, and use those wherever I go, especially when out for a jog or in the car. Because Analog Is Better(TM).

Reply to
Matthew Erickson

Have a look at

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Just downloaded it...looks like the thing...

Yes... And I've been using Flyakite OSX mod for my XP for several months and like it.

Can't bring myself to doing it.

Will have a look-see

Yes... she is... ;)

Reply to
3D Peruna

"3D Peruna"

Hey Paul, what do you have? Might you like to rip me a DVD and send it my way, all expenses paid?

Reply to
Richard MacIntyre