Low voltage lighting

Okay so last year I wired twelve 1.2watt hardscape lights on a 60watt 12v transformer. The run is approximately 100 feet total. All summer everything worked great. This year I added seven 2.8watt lights to the run. The lights would turn off after about 5 - 10 minutes. So I attempted to solve the problem by adding another 12 volt 60watt transformer for the 2.8watt lights. I plugged that transformer into the same outlet as the existing transformer was in. Turned the lights on. After approx 5 minutes the 1.2watt lights that worked fine all of last year shut down! Can the problem be that they are still on the same circuit? Do I need to place the new transformer on a separate circuit? Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Mike

blog comments powered by Disqus