Yave you done this yet?

Page 1 of 3
Ok, to bring you up to speed I am in the middle of gluing up 4 solid Oak table legs. 3.5" wide and gluing 5, 3/4" thick pieces to make the legs relatively square. Basically 448 square inches of glue on each leg. Before I got started I used my new gallon of TBII to top off my wide mouth ProBond glue bottle. Not a problem, I have done this many times before. The ProBond bottle of glue has been setting up for a while because I have been using the free case of TBIII that Franklin sent me near the end of last summer. The first leg glue goes fine but as I am working on the 3 piece of the second leg the glue stops coming out of the bottle. I squeeze a little harder and a little more comes out. Then the glue gets kinda thick. Then it stops. Then I squeeze a little harder. Then the top of the bottle pops off and about 12 oz. of glue spills out on my project, down inside the front rail of my TS fence, and across my left shoe. Also down inside the gap between the TS extension table and front fence rail under a big gob of glue is my favorite utility knife. 20 minutes later the mess was cleaned up and I was back to gluing up the legs. I did not even get mad.
Weeellllll...... To be honest the answer is yes and no. I've done things like that, but I would have blown a gasket and started throwing things.
Steve P.

I've got lots of stuff in the woods across from my house because of the many gaskets I've blown from situations like that. Satellite dish, weed trimmer, rake, cell phone, cordless mouse, ad infinitum....
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:08:31 GMT, "Leon"

It never "just falls on the floor". Curse you Murphy!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
Gzzt! Snort! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? A drive by?

You really should get mad. It's not good to bottle (PI) it up like that.

You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was. It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

Leon says: You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was. It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)
You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my ss statement from da gubmint and they keep telling me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Very fortunately in good health. The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62. IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70 amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that can do with out SS.
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:51:24 GMT, "Leon"

If I bet against myself and wait until 65, I'll get about $300 a month more than if I take it at 62 (4 more years)...
In return for waiting another 3 years and getting more bucks, I'm loaning SS $3,600 interest free in order to get $300 more a month later... not what I see as a good investment OR a good bet.. I'll take it at 62..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Actually the interest on $3600 is squat when you consider this. I can get SS at 62 at $300 less than if I wait till 66. I have to wait until 66 for the next increment. Considering this I will have to wait until I am 78 years and 3 months old until the age 66 larger amount actually matches the amount paid out by the age 62 amount. It literally takes 16 years and 3 months for the age 66 pay out to match the age 62 amount paid. Additionally you are figuring your interest wrong. You should be figuring interest on all of the first payment and each payment starting at age 62 .
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:51:24 GMT, "Leon"

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

How's that workin out so far?
Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far. -- ******** Bill Pounds http://www.billpounds.com
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:17:42 -0800, "Pounds on Wood"

Still workin' haven't died yet, so I guess I'm on a roll here.

I'd go for that plan, but I don't want to have to work forever.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass wrote:

You don't have to. Haven't you ever heard of Social Security? You can retire at 111 and live forever on $2 a day.
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:10:22 -0500, Silvan

By the time I'm 111 I'll be way to anti-social to draw social security. They're more likely to be sending security to pick me up.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass wrote:

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep breaking.

Wrong approach. Sell the idea of what it will cost for you to NOT post those pictures.
Upscale wrote:

Excellent. OK, Wreck, for $500 I promise not to allow myself to be seen /en deshabill/ (that's nekkit for you ignernt types what ain't learnt no French) for 7 whole days. Pay up. If'n y'uns don't pony up the greenbacks, I'm a-showin' y'all the fat back.
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:47:08 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan

Now we know the source of the word "shabby", Silvie. ('Taint shabby chic, neither.)
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!