WW accidents. How often has ring finger been hurt

Page 2 of 2
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Edwin
I Googled 'stop saw' and found what you are referring to. Not quite the same thing. That person I believe has released an entire table saw with his safety technology. If it works, I have to hand it to him. I suspect he is using capacitance much like those lamps that you can turn on just by touching them.
No, what I'm attempting is much simpler. It doesn't sense a finger in the blade, just stop the blade faster when you hit the stop switch or take your foot off the footswitch. This type of circuit is common in industrial motor control. (Anyone else here using one? Everyone?) From my own work habits I think the greatest risk of injury (for me) is impatience waiting for the blade to stop before clearing junk from the blade, or retrieving the cut piece.
I doubt there is enough energy in a 3hp motor to cook a hotdog. (Perhaps you could test that out for me ;)
Rob
[snip]

I bought a bandsaw with a foot brake tied to the motor starter. The sooner that saw stops, the better I like it.
Wes