WTB: Used Kitchen Cabinets

Hello, I am looking for used kitchen cabinets of a medium+ level of quality. Need to redo my kitchen inexpensively. Are you remodeling, getting rid of the old? I'll pick yours up once your contractor has removed them.
NY, NJ, PA... maybe MD or CT is they are really great.
Email me a photo & approx size, and let's make a deal!
Check out your local lumber supply and Kitchen cabinet dealers. They will often change there displays and sell off the old ones at a fraction of their original price. One word of caution though, If your trying to fit an existing space make sure you can utilize what you get in an effective plan. I once was asked to install some cabinets purchased this way into a small space with existing windows and even with building a couple extra cabinets to try to make the arrangement work, it was a Nightmare!
Good luck Lenny On 17 Mar 2005 13:31:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Lenny, thanks for the tip. I've checked the local cabinet dealers to no avail... haven't tried lumber supply so I'll do that this weekend.
Luckily my kitchen is just a big box, 16' x 12', so I will be able to configure them in anyway they will fit.

You could always check to see if the local Habitat for Humanity has a store. There's one around here (called Habitat ReStore, I think). They might have something along the lines of what you're looking for. I also see cabinets (used and surplus) in the local classifieds on a regular basis.
todd
Thanks, Todd. I'll check that too. In the end, I may just do Mills Pride... cheap, but I guess they don't look SO bad. I looked at them today, and maybe it will be a lot less of a hassle.
Another place to look is a company that specializes in flood restoration. I got a whole kitchen full of oak cabinets and some had water damage to the bottom few inches. I just took them apart and used the old panels as a pattern to cut new ones from plywood. A few hours with a screw gun and they were as good as new. The floods seldom get over the toe kick onto the faces. While I was at it I also reconfigured them to the sizes I needed, including putting a face on both sides of a pair for an island. these things are just boxes with a pretty face on them. Use your imagination. Don't waste an inch
http://members.aol.com/gfretwell/wraprack.jpg