Workbench Article

A recent woodwork magazine featured an article on a workbench, including detail plans for it. Does anyone know what the magazine is. It was off the shelves before I could lay my hands on it and I don't remember the name of it. TIA

Reply to
SkySurfer

FWW Shop and Tools (I think). I am looking for that one myself. At the back were four or five detailed plans.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

American Woodworker had the "Ultimate Bench" last month

Reply to
Eric Johnson

the major problem is that there were 3 magazines running workbench articles so narrowing it down may be a problem. have you tried looking at the magazine web sites. Most should have at least the cover and table of contents online.

BRuce

SkySurfer wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

If the bench in the article in question was built on a base cabinet with door and drawers it's in American Woodworker #105, January 2004. If it had a dovetailed end cap by the face vice and Lon Shleining wiping a finish on the top it's in FWW Shop & Tools.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Thanks guys, American Woodworker is what I'm looking for. Popular Woodworking featured a similar design in their 05, 2003 issue. Might even be the same design.

Reply to
SkySurfer

SkySurfer responds:

Unlikely. If they did, you'd hear the resounding clang of lawyers striking together.

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self