Woodworking Project Books

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

The first book listed below seems a good place to start. The others lean more to weekend-sized projects. Get the title and/or ISBN and check your local library - my county library system has a broad (but not always deep) selection of woodworking books - table saws, routers, scroll saws, etc.

I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering

Reply to
John

You could stop by your local State Extension office and see if they have any

Reply to
Bob Alexander

Popular Woodworking put this one out recently:

Lee Gordon

Wed, Jan 23, 2008, 9:42am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (k) doth claimeth: I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something that isn't too hard for people new to woodworking. thanks

Teacher? Library!

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President

- Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.

Reply to
J T

Sometime ago, somebody posted a nice series on "pointy sticks", with history, plans, &tc. A pointy stick should be on every beginner's list.

-T.E. Stosterone

Reply to
Thomas Edward Stosterone

Review Dave Barry's "How to Make a Board" :

Lee K

stool, step stool, shelf, birdfeeder, jewelry box, bread slicer, kitchen spoon, salad serving spoon/fork, tray, cutting board, picture frame, letter opener, egg cup, rolling pin

When I taught computer science K-4 grades I wrote my own lesson plans based on what I had available, time limitations, and practicality. After looking through many project books I became totally disgusted with these publications. I taught the binary system, spreadsheets, CPU fabrication, keyboarding, digital photography, networking and building a webpage. Some (smart) 4th graders learned a little programming too. Be creative.

Reply to
Phisherman