Woodworkers Showcase Saratoga Springs NY

OK, It's an unabashed plug... I'm on the planning committee! ;~)
Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show
SHOWCASE
April 5th & 6th, 2008 Saratoga Springs City Center Saratoga Springs, New York
Featured presenters include:
a. Doug Stowe -- box maker, furniture maker, author of books and articles, teacher, and rec.woodworking participant -- www.dougstowe.com
b. Chris Schwarz -- Editor of Popular Woodworking magazine, author, teacher www.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/
c. Peter Korn -- Founder and Executive Director of the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport, Maine as well as an author. www.woodschool.org/
d. Wayne Barton -- professional woodcarver www.chipcarving.com/school.htm
NWA Showcase web site www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:25:32 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"

Is there public transportation available from the private side of Albany Airport?
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:29:05 GMT, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"

On second thought...
These guys: <http://www.airnav.com/airport/5B2/NORTH_AMERICAN_FLIGHT_SVC
have a "crew car'!
How far is Saratoga Airport from City Center?
Thanks!
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:

According to my DeLorme map 4.5 miles.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I have maps, too, but I was hoping the OP would come back with more detailed info, like taxi cab suggestions, public transportation info, an offer of a ride in exchange for a bit of sightseeing... <G>
wrote: | | >According to my DeLorme map 4.5 miles. | | I have maps, too, but I was hoping the OP would come back with more | detailed info, like taxi cab suggestions, public transportation info, | an offer of a ride in exchange for a bit of sightseeing... <G>
Unfortunately, I'm not terribly familiar with Saratoga Springs... I live about 90 miles from there myself and only go there for Showcase and to the trotter track each summer on a company outing.
Our club is large and geographically spread out so we have several chapters. The main group meets in the Albany area with a shop in Stillwater. I'm in the Mid-Hudson chapter which meets in Hurley, NY (near Kingston) and has a shop in Hurley (at the farm where the movie Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman was filmed). As it is, I'll be getting a room in Saratoga myself as I'm giving presentations on advanced handcut dovetailing and am involved with coordinating some activities...
I'll be wearing a name tag so say Hi if you see me!
John Treasurer NWA Mid-Hudson

This is a good show, and I've seen some excellent presentations. Roy Underhill actually sweat (sweated? swat?) on me last year. And Saratoga is a nice town, too. I'll be there.
JP