Wooden Wristwatch

I want to make one of these from my pile of exotic scrap...
http://www.tensewatch.com/files/L7509SM.JPG
I have found most of the parts I need; however, I am having a tough time determining how to fasten it.
This is the best picture I could find of the clasp;
http://www.tensewatch.com/files/G8102I.JPG
Could be a deployant, but I am not sure. Any ideas?

A couple of brads until the glue dries?
Check out "Klockit.com". They have a kit that may give an idea how to construct the fastener!
HTH
Bill in Plano

looks like a bangle clasp to me. http://www.ewatches.com/Information/Clasps.html#1
carefule of their patent infringement warning