Wooden Machines Books.

Anyone have a copy of Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gill & Alan Bridgewater they are willing to part with? They are out of print and rather scarce. I think they shipped with a book club in the late 90's.
ktow
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.amazon.ca/Making-Wooden-Mechanical-Models-Bridgewater/dp/1558703810
Thanks, my budget can't quite cut the $70 price tag. Perhaps another time.
ktow
ktow wrote:

Must be a really good book, i checked a few other sites and saw it as high as $85. Keep checking ebay you might get lucky. Amazon has other books by them you might be interested in.

It is excellent. I read it from at the library. It is a bit of a niche book. I like making examples of mechanical components and this is a great starter.
I already have Making Mechanical Marvels in Wood. By Ray Levy
&
Making More Wooden Mechanical Models. By the Bridgewaters.
Both are excellent if you'd like a pretty machine to put on a shelf. They have great "nifty" appeal. (Though the second reaction is... "Why did you make that?")
ktow
ktow wrote:

But that's $70 Canadian, that makes it only $60.56 US according to http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic Joe
I suggest you check out http://www.allbookstores.com for the following titles:
Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1995
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/1558703810
Eight sellers are listed with this item in stock , ready to ship.
Pricing Ranges from $ 19.91 to $ 75.75 and one seller is Canadian ( CHapters ).
Pricing includes postage and handling.
Making More Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1999
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/1558705082
Four sellers are listed with item in stock, ready to ship (one seller is an eBay auction ).
Pricing Ranges from $ 22.09 to $ 33.71 and one seller is Canadian ( Chapters ) .
Pricing includes postage and handling.
Hope this information helps, but I doubt at this date that these items can be shipped in time to arrive as a most welcome Christmans gift, even if it's for yourself.