Wooden Dowel Rod People Question

Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods with a round head shape. They were used as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these little beauties?? Any help appreciated Skip
A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of hobby wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the point to this reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless you live in Western Canada, however, the name of the store won't help you. But the type of store might.
Clint

they may have some elsewhere in the US. But I suspect the "western" limitation is correct.

I think I'm wrong on all counts. Turns out they have two stores in Seattle, and one in Ontario (Canada). Ah, well, I tried... :) Of course, if that's the only thing I get wrong this week, I'll be happy!
Clint
says...

Clint wrote:

A lot of craft catalogs offer these, try a Google search.
Josie
Cherry Tree Toys:
http://www.cherrytreetoys.com/store/products.asp?dept '2&pagenumber=1
B.

On 14 Nov 2004 14:53:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Skip Summer) wrote:

Playskool
(Skip Summer)

Were these dowels with a head "turned" on them, or a dowel with a ball glued on? You can buy the wooden balls in various sizes from craft stores, etc.
--
Nahmie
Skip,