Wooden cam clamps

Does anyone know where I can get wooden handled cam clamps? I want to put together and dovetail jig and those might work well to hold the stock in place.

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

Destaco is the clamp standard for jigs. Not wood, but they're great.

RicodJour

Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 1:17pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@noone.net (samson) doth query: Does anyone know where I can get wooden handled cam clamps? I want to put together and dovetail jig and those might work well to hold the stock in place.

"Wooden handled" cam clamps? Not sure what you mean by that. If you want to buy some, Lee Valley might have some. But, if you plan on taking them apart to use in a jig, you might as well make your own. Ipve posted maybe 4-5 sites with free cam-clamp plans - check the archives. Or just google. I made a batch, and they work fine. Used some of the cam parts in my planer sled, and a fe other things, work fine. I don't use any metal when I make them.

J T

Woodcraft carries wooden cam clamps.

I personally don't think they do a very good job, but if that's what you want.....

Charley

Reply to
Charley

I believe that Harbor Freight still carries them. Quality is OK (I own two of them). mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn