Woodcraft ply bunlde.

I went to woodcraft to pick up the baltic/finnish ply bundle they have on sale for 19.99.

I figured I couldn't lose, and I haven't, but I didn't get what I expected. In it was a piece of luan, and 2 pieces of cheap ply . The finnish ply has voids and a very wierd overlap. Overall I probably got my monies worth, but when they advertise baltic and finnish you expect that, not substitutes.

See their ad.

pics in the binaries group....

I don't know.... there was no mention of LUAN in the text. Nor crappy voids... Now we have to deal with crappy high quality ply...

Reply to
tiredofspam

You didn't get what you paid for. I'll bet the luan was just the cover sheets used to ship the units of baltic that got cut down and thrown into the drop pile along with the other scap.. They said "Overrun of major cutting project" but it sounds more like you got the "drop" from a large cutting project and saved them the dump costs. If the pieces were as described it would be a valuable purchase regardless of overun or drop but I hate it when you get this marketing/advertising spin... and I am a marketer! Worse when you don't get what they advertised.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I think you got rinkey-doooed (polite way of saying "screwed"). I cannot speak to "Finland" Birch; but the top grade Baltic Birch that I have purchased is high quality, practically no visible edge voids and can be finished with minimal sanding. It comes in 60" square sheets. I have some in the garage that is, I believe, grade C that has visible knots in one face but they are nicely patched with matching wood.

This is the material that a lot of cabinet shops use for casing and even drawers. Some museums use it for display backgrounds. Luan is cheap stuff.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

The Finnish plywood I've seen is just as good as the Baltic. Difference being the Finnish is put together with waterproof glue, much better for outside work, but costs more than the Baltic.

I'm going to be at a Woodcraft tonight - I'll look and see what they have.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

They didn't seem to have any of the bundles and I got the impression they were not going to get any.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Why don't you call them and tell them you don't think you got what was advertised or tour monies worth. I suspect they'll make it right.

tiredofspam wrote in news:1amdnRJ8Dv4 _fyzTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Reply to
notImpressed