Wood guitar pickguard

I'd like to try to make one. I've seen different procedures on websites. Some adhere the glue to plastic, some adhere a veneer to thin ply, and others sandwich several layers of veneer. Anyone have experience using any of the above methods? Tips? Hints?
tommyboy wrote:

I suggested this site before It will answer almost anything about instruments.
MIMF is the place to look, (if you have lots of spare time)
http://www.mimf.com /