Wood Gloat - Yes I suck

A few weeks ago I was talking to a guy that I work with that is remodeling his basement. He said that in the past someone had "paneled" the basement with oak boards and he was removing them. Well of course I asked if he was interested in selling it. A few days later he called me and asked if I was still interested in the oak. I said sure and asked how much he wanted for it. He says "come and get it out of my house and it's yours". So that weekend I hook up the trailer and head over to pick it up. Turns out that it is 300 board feat of 4/4 rough sawn oak. All of it 6" plus wide and 8' long. it had been lightly stained on one side but once milled it will all be gone. Like I said I suck and I know it :)
--
-Rob Ritch
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net
Rob Ritch wrote:

You're right you do suck. Nice score.
Rick
Rob Ritch writes:

Yeah, you suck, but get a metal detector and use it carefully or you'll find the remaining nails at the wrong time.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in

Yeah already got one. I will use it before it goes through the sharp spinning things
--
-Rob Ritch
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net
Rob Ritch wrote:

Then there's no need to state the obvious. <G>
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
You Suck. But then, you already know that.
Joe C.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:46:57 -0600, Rob Ritch

yep.. you suck big time... you don't need a DC in your shop *g*
Great find! The nice thing is that you got all that great oak, and your friend, who had no need for it, got rid of all those (to him) ugly, 8' long boards that he would have had to haul off to the *shudder* dump..
Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 7:46am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (RobRitch) says hateful stuff: <SNIP>
Usually Dave From Fairfax casts my proxy ballot. Today I am voting for the both of us.
We hate you.
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3151.bay.webtv.net:

Wait till he finds out that I am just a few miles from him. He will hate me even more
--
-Rob Ritch
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net

Well, at least it's only oak. Had it been cherry I might have had some nasty words for you.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]