Wood Filler Recommendations

I am getting ready to put down some oak quarter-rounds, which I plan to stain and varnish with satin poly. However, I have never been too thrilled with the wood fillers that my local Home Depot sells, which is a Borden brand. The filler is for, of course, filling the nail holes.
Can anyone give me a recommendation on the best wood filler for this application. Any advice on doing a first class job would be appreciated, too.
www.homesteadfinishing.com has colored wax sticks for filling nail holes.

The least obtrusive way to handle the nail holes in something like quarter round (room perimeter?) is to set them and forget them. Filler pucky will never be the right color and will attract your eye more than a neat job of nailing.

how about colored wax sticks....mjh
--

"Buck Turgidson" <jc snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com...
Famowood solvent based "fir" color works well with red oak.
--
Rumpty

If possible, shoot the brads in the dark grain of the oak. It is a lot less noticeable when you use the filler. I did this on mine and used regular oak filler, it all blends in well.        Mark