Wonder Pup, those Veritas boys do it again!

I bought a Veritas Wonder Pup a couple of months ago. I figured it would be handy to have with my newly rebuilt bench and I finally go to play around with it this week. Damn, I wish I had done this a long time ago. A few holes in the benchtop, a bench pup (or dog, depending on your top) and a Wonder Pup solves a lot of simple problems in holding wood. It is better than a third, or even fourth, hand.

you have a bench, you just have to have one of these.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Should they be renamed "The Amazing bench Puppy Wizard"? --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Second that. I have the wonder-dogs and use them instead of a tail vise. If the piece I'm working is too narrow for the wonder-dogs to stay out of the way of bench planes or other tools, a narrow strip of wood between the workpiece and wonderdog lengthen its reach.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita