wing chair upholstery

I am in the middle of making a couple of Chippendale repro wing chairs . The frames will be good quality [for me at least] in white oak with exposed wood in mahogany.

In passing, I checked on quality upholstery and about passed out when I was confronted with prices . So I am going to get into the subject so I can do my own upholstery. I would be interested in any recommended good texts on the subject. thanks ....mjh

--

Mike Hide

I have _Furniture Restoration_ V. J. Taylor. Also for refinishing _Restoration Recipes_ James Smith & Julia De Bierre. _Furniture Doctor_ is okay. I buy my supplies from

Lawrence L'Hote

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:46:54 GMT, "Mike Hide" calmly ranted:

I felt the same way and found several tomes at the library. The best of the bunch was W. Lloyd Gheen's "Upolstery Techniques Illustrated". I liked it so much I bought a copy from half.com. Second (I believe) was "Upholstery, a complete course : chairs, sofas, ottomans, screens, and stools", which had more info on frames in it.

Upholstery style is a very personal thing, so look through all the books your library has on the subject. You'll find the one which "talks to you" on that personal level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description. ----

Web Design for YOUR Business!

Larry Jaques