Why is my stain not getting as dark as shown in store samples?

Page 3 of 3
blueman wrote:

For the oak, try Watco Danish Oil, dark walnut. It will definitely stain your oak dark. I built a kitchen out of white oak a long time ago and I was having a hard time getting it dark. Never had much of a problem with pine however, and I really didn't like the Watco on pine. Really good on Oak, both red and white.
--
Jack
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong