Which TS would you choose

Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would use?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet has that fancy cabinet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
Although I have the Delta, Jet certainly surpasses Delta in customer service. I would junk the fancy cabinet in order to install a router lifter.
Either one will serve you well.
Dave
Teamcasa wrote:

Dave, I have the same cabinet on my PM-66 except it's black. The cabinet has a hole cut in the top for a router lift. My extension came with the Powermatic (Jess-Em) Router-R-Lift installed. I just set it up last night so I can't say anything about how it performs. The solid top allows you to custom cut the opening for whatever router lift you want to buy. It also works with the Jet/PM mobile stand. I have used and had a pleasant tech support. David
I'm not sure there's a $100 difference. The Uni comes with a blade (and it's a pretty good one), the Jet does not.
Generally speaking, I've never heard of a Unisaw owner saying, "I wish I'd bought a Jet." The converse can't be said, I don't believe.
If you're really interested, use the Make an Offer button and offer $1300 for the Uni, see what happens. Or see if you can nick 'em for a mobile base. If they don't go for it, I'd jump on it for $1400, anyway.
I bought my Unisaw (essentially the same one) for $1500 from Woodworker's Supply two years ago. The only difference is mine came with a base (which might account for the $100). Given the 100% increase in fuel costs since then, I'd say yours is potentially a screaming deal.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
I opted for the American made X5 3hp Delta Unisaw and really like it. I also have three Jet tools.. shaper, jointer, spindle sander. I like them too.
I've had great customer service from both manufacturers.
Jet's catalog shows stock number 708174 as its mobile base for the table saw you're looking. I'm sure there's aftermarked bases also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
The Unisaw price includes shipping while the Jet does not which could make the Jet the more expensive one. I bought my Unisaw(rt tilt w/ the mobile base) 7 years ago for $1500 and have never regretted it. $1400 is a really good price.
Art

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
I'm "on the fence" right now as to which one of those saws to order as well, the deal is just to good to pass up. I already have several Jet tools and have been really satisified with them, so I'll more than likely get the Jet. I'm gonna email the seller now and see if they'll include a mobile base for the $1300 in lieu of the "best offer". I'll report back with their nswer. --dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
FAST response to my email!! This is quoted from Timberline regarding the saw and including a mobile base :
"The mobile base is $149.99. The best we can do on the saw by itself is $1290. But if you get them together, we can cover the shipping on the base as well."
This means a new Jet 3 hp cabinet saw, left tilt w/50" fence, table extension and cabinet with mobile base can be delivered to my door for $1439. This is a freakin' dream come true! I'm gonna order one now! --dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3HP-10-Left-Tilt-XACTA-Table-Saw_W0QQitemZ120029419556QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120029419556
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-36-L31-BC50-3HP-Left-Tilt-Unisaw_W0QQitemZ120031076512QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120031076512
Dammit, could their shipping be any slower??? I mean I ordered this thing over 10 minutes ago! --dave BTW anyone want a deal on a Rockwell contractor's saw w/ 50" Vega in central Ohio??

Dave Jackson wrote:

Yeah, I ordered mine last week and went to the curb to wait for it :-)
I couldn'y get anyone on the phone so I ordered the full price from the web. After reading your post I went back today and ordered the mobile base and the said they'd knock off the $10 from the price of the saw. And yet it's still not here.
Just curious who gets theirs first......
Just heard from the carrier. My saw is supposed to be here between 1pm and 8pm tomorrow. Hope all goes well for both of us. I'll post a follow-up when it arrives. --dave

I was partial to the Unisaw when I was shopping. I was able to compare the 2 side by side. I bought the Jet.

Ditto...
I had trouble getting past the fact that the blade elivation was silky smooth on the Jet and course and grindy on the Unisaw. The table finish was a bit better in the Jet too.
That said, either will give you grins.
-Steve