Which Nail Gun?

I am looking to buy a nail gun for home remodeling. Can Someone tell me what each type of nail gun is used for or is there a site I can go to. Also Do i need to be picky when i get ready to buy a Table saw?

Reply to
poolq2010

Rob Mills

In choosing a table saw, the first thing that you should look for is an all cast iron table and leafs. Once you have found one with that usually it will be a quality one. As for brands, Personally, I have a Craftsman with cast iron. I know these guys don't care for Crapsman, but I worked for Sears for a time and got a hell of a deal on it. Just btwix you and I and the rest of the rec.woodies I paid 170.00 for it regularly 800.00 at the time. SO for the money it was well worth it. I did change the blade to a Freud last week, and lemme tell ya'll it was the best 22 bucks I ever spent on a blade, Yeah I got that one cheap too. I'm a cheap kinda guy, I just tonight bought two NEW kerosene heaters from Lowes for 15.50 ea. reg 139.00 ea. My wife can smell the deals from the house! As far as nailers I like the Paslodes. Although I don't currently own one yet, Haven't found a good deal yet!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Depends on the type of home remodeling you wish to do. Different guns serve different purposes and depending on what or how much you need to nail, you may not even need a gun.

As far as the table saw, again it depends on what you'll be doing and how much you'll be doing it. You can easily build a whole damn house without a tablesaw yet you might have another job where one would be indispensable.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Hitachi or Porter Cable. I have both. Only the Hitachi NR90AC3 or the PC FR350MAG will drive a full 16d .161 common nail. Check with local codes before buying a gun that will only drive 16d .131 nails.

As for the other uses, trim work, roofing ect. Both Hitachi and PC make quality units.

For a table saw, buy the best saw you can barely afford. You won't regret it.

Dave

Teamcasa

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Framing nailer - used primarily for connecting structural 2x lumber or subfloor Finish nailer - 15 ga (angled magazine) and 16 ga (straight magazine) for trim Brad nailer - 18 ga for trim Narrow-guage stapler - for trim Medium-guage stapler - for sheathing and some cabinetwork

F>I am looking to buy a nail gun for home remodeling. Can Someone tell

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

I'm unsure of the scope of your planned remodel, but there is not a single nail gun that will do all nailing involved in a home remodel. In fact, you may need (at least) three. If you plan on building new walls (etc), a framing gun will fasten the lumber together. Framing guns generally shoot a 16d nail, 3" or so long. If your not going to drastically change the layout of your home, I'd just hand nail the lumber together. It would save you upwards of $300 for the price of a framing gun. Finish trim generally requires two guns. A finish nailer and a brad nailer. The finish nailer is used to install prehung doors, baseboard, and crown molding. I like the angled 15 gauge as opposed to 16 gauge finish guns, and use 2 1/2" nails for those tasks. Brad guns shoot 18 gauge fasteners. I use 1 1/4" brads for trim work. The finish gun is also used in conjunction with the brad gun to install casing. Most standard casings are thinner where it meets the door or window jamb and brads are used to fasten the trim there. The other side is fastened to the wall with finish nails. Shoe molding is installed with brads. Brand name brad guns run from $100 to $150 and finish guns about $150 to $200. I've owned mostly Porter Cable and Senco guns and have been happy with them. I'd suggest choosing a gun(s) that takes fasteners which are easily obtained in your area. If you can't afford all three guns, I'd go for the finish and brad guns first. --dave

"poolq2010" wrote in message news:SKuGf.84390$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.news.easynews.com...

Reply to
Dave Jackson

to. Also Do i

Buy the cheapest gun that will fire the biggest nails you think you'll need.

You'll only be using the SOB every now and then, so keep it oiled and you'll be fine.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Senco FinishPro 41XP Finish Nailer (15ga) -

GN40A Brad Nailer (18ga) -
Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer -
Cable FR350A Full Round Head Framing Nailer -
Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler -
ATFRGK Framing Nailer -
that helps.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

Over 100 detailed woodworking product reviews now online! +

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Double Edge Trimmer

- Kreg Bandsaw Fence

- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System

- Veritas Router Plane

- Demain Angle Grinder

- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole System

www

Well if you are doing any framing the Bostitch N88RH-2MCN Is a good buy. I just purchased one of them because it shoots full round head nails in all code compliant sizes (For framing in Los Angeles) and has an adaptor tip to shoot Teco nails into metal connectors. It's amazing how many metal connectors are required to build a wood framed house these days. The Teco nails are a little hard to find and cost a bit more than they should, but it beats pounding them in by hand.

Here is a link to the Amazon

NOTME

Yep ... and every nail hole must be filled.

Reply to
Swingman