Where to get an Engraved Brass Plates

I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to include a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Try a local trophy shop or craft store first :)
Clif

woodcraft used to do them - mighty proud of them, however (read that 'expensive') jim
I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to include a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Try a local trophy store, usually they can supply the brass plate as well as do the engraving
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:48:51 GMT, "Joe Adoryan"

I have purchased online at http://www.klockit.com/ if I remember correctly. Not too expensive if I recall. "Things Remembered" at your local mall if they are still arround.

"Joe Adoryan" writes:

Find an industrial electrical distributor, especially the Allen-Bradley motor control distributor and ask them who they use to have special nameplates engraved.
Probably be some guy who has a side business in his garage.
Probably less than $5 for what you need.
HTH
--
Lew

I have used Jewlery stores for engraved plates but have found that they do not make a deep enough engraving. Additionally, many trophy stores use brass coated aluminum sheet material. Best bet is to make the plate yourself and take it to an engraver for the lettering. Dave

Woodcraft catalog has them.
charlie b

I've had a couple made at a local trophy shop. Around $5-6 including the engraving. Avoid the mall guys such as "Things Remembered" etc ... when I priced them they were 4x the cost and the plates were thin plated steel.