When is enough ENOUGH??!!!

I tend to save EVERY little piece of wood scrap!
I've got a box full of so many pieces of wood scrap...pieces that I KNOW I'll need 10 years down the road...for a shim, etc. lol
When do YOU guys finally throw out a scrap piece? Do YOU feel guilty? lol
Have a nice weekend...
Trent

I would never throw them out. I bury them in the back yard in a small pine casket with a headstone. After the religious service I feel lots better. -- Ernie
of course, the making little pine casket leaves wood scraps that have to be buried so your build a little pine casket, , ,which leaves scraps to be buried. . .<g>
--
SwampBug
---------------------

I send the shavings to the crematorium. And the ashes to the columbarium, which I visit regularly. -- Ernie
Ye-e-e-s-s-s-s. . .it does sound like it's for the birds. . .<g>
--
SwampBug
---------------------

A bit of reverence, please. These are WOOD SCRAPS we're talking about here. -- Ernie (genuflecting)

Main Entry: columbarium Pronunciation: "k-l&m-'bar-E-&m, -'ber- Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural columbaria /-E-&/ Etymology: Latin, literally, dovecote, from columba dove
bird were your first strike. . .<s>
--
SwampBug
---------------------

In my dictionary they're the second strike:
columbarium (kol?m-br'e-?m) also columbary (kol'?m-bere) noun plural columbaria (-e-?) also columbaries
1. a. A vault with niches for urns containing ashes of the dead. b. One of the niches in such a vault. 2. a. A dovecote. b. A pigeonhole in a dovecote.
[Latin columbarium, sepulchre for urns, dovecote, from columba, dove.]
-- Ernie

Very carefully. . .if it is a 'cote-of-mail' then you need a carrier pigeon, not a dove. . .<g>
LOL! I need to fire my speel chunker. . .dovecote
--
SwampBug
---------------------

Only thing worse than saving tiny scraps is getting to use one. That justifies saving even more of them. Yes, I do feel guilty tossing even a 2' x 6". It may be just what you need to fit something. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
I've been waiting for pigs to fly so I can get rid of some scraps. Don't see that happening anytime soon!

Never!!!
rik
--

Padded room with a view
RWC3

I tend to save about everything as well and I often end up using it. I'm about to post a picture on a.b.p.w. of one of my projects with scrap pieces. This was several pieces of left over oak that were about 4 1/2" long and two smaller pieces of 1/4" walnut. It is a small box for communion at church -- space for the cup and a wafer. Don't fuss about picture quality -- it's a new digital and I've never used one before. That might be a gloat other than the reason I got it -- turned [mumble] years old today.
When my Lady needs to fire up the woodstove here In The Woods In Vermont, there is a natural scrap-sorting process in the 'scrap box'. If I'm not home, some small pieces of cherry get fired up.
All the cherry I have has been 'rescued' from the woodpile already. 9 years ago I burned it all. These days, I've been known to bring an occasional nice 4 foot log section of Cherry or hard Maple, along with more conventional sizes, to my friend Nick with the Woodmiser saw mill.
His eyebrows move around over top of his glasses. "I'm not sure which one of you is the WoodMiser", he chuckles...
--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont
snipped-for-privacy@fredking.us
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:48:39 -0400 (EDT), Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

Too true, JOAT. But for me, 'scrap' is when I buy wood from the pile marked 'scrap' at my favorite lumber store. They're nice chunks of wood just sitting there for 25 cents apiece. The pieces I buy are about .5 board feet, but it's usually maple and sometimes cherry, even occasionally mahogany and walnut (though smaller pieces). Sometimes the maple has nice figure, too. They call it scrap, I call it a new jewelry box.
david
--
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.

On 20 Jul 2003 12:16:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Tony D.) wrote:

message

I usually throw it out the day before I find a use for it.
/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /