What type of lacquer for spraying?

and a window this

simply wipe off)

help. I will try

Yeah - go ahead and post a picture in the binaries group. I'd like to see what you produced.

9X11 is pretty small. It would be easy to fog an area that small. You might want to take a quick look at how dry your fan is (your spray fan - not your window fan). Maybe you're shooting just a bit too dry and creating more fog than you need to. Or maybe you've got just a bit too much pressure - also creating a bit more fog than you want. Often you can lay on a wetter coat to overcome this kind of problem. Or - if it just wiped off, you can do nothing and just keep shooting like you are. A dust that simply wipes off is nothing to worry about.

I've painted complete cars in two bays of my garage with nothing more than a

24" box fan sealed under a partially opened overhead door, with no dusting problems. I just stick the fan on the floor and lower the overhead door down on it, and then seal the open space with plastic. Works very well to exhaust the garage on the cheap. My garage is 26 feet deep but the area that I drape in plastic to paint in, is about 22X23 or so, which makes it about twice the size of the space you're working in. Then again, I'm shooting a bunch more paint than you are also, and I don't usually shoot HVLP. I'd stick the fan in your window, blowing out and I think you'll find it helps evacuate the room a lot.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

Here are some pictures:

Arhelger