what's the best looking piece of art made of wood that you have ever seen?

Wood is widely used in making furnitures, wall units, and shelves...etc., just like glass, metal and other 'modern looking' mateiral, wood is also used to create "ART". What is the best looking piece of art made of wood that you have ever seen? And what kind of wood is it??

whate ever my customer has just walked off with leaving money behind.
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:05:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Back in 1980 I saw a large wooden "Swiss Army knife" in Evansville, IN.
It was about 4 feet long in the handle and made of a variety of woods. The smooth lines, perfect edges, and subtly contrasting colors and textures have always stuck in my mind.
I'd like to know where that piece ended up...
Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
That knife is in a storefront on the Mag mile in downtown Chicago.
Jon

Which storefront? I'd like to see that.
-MJ

If you do, take some pictures, willya?
Mike
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:15:40 -0500, "Mark Johnson"

Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Really?
COOL!
Where is it? Please? :-)
wrote:

Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
I would have to say some of the boxes on this page... Someday, I hope to be able to do something similar. http://www.woodworkersauction.com/WOM/Nairi/boxes.htm
I have also seen some amazing bowls, not so much the shape but the beauty of the wood is what made them amazing. Generally what WOWs me, is craftsmanship. Attention to detail and form.
Kate
Wood is widely used in making furnitures, wall units, and shelves...etc., just like glass, metal and other 'modern looking' mateiral, wood is also used to create "ART". What is the best looking piece of art made of wood that you have ever seen? And what kind of wood is it??

Art, and beauty, is rather different than simple craftsmanship; no matter how great it is.

another reason I would never attempt anything like them; one goof...
On Oct 26, 7:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yqmggo
Ziricote, with ebony plugs.
JP