What Router Do You Use In Your Router Table..........

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it with another brand/model?

Thanks,

MikeK

Bosch 1617 evs Yes, I'd do it again. If I was doing raised panels, I'd go bigger.

You'd be OK with Bosch, PC, Milwaukee.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

PC7518,

in a JessEm MastRLift router plate.....when I bought it, the JessEm was made for the 7518...so I did :-) It is a good router for table use.....the electronic startup is a bit funny but works fine... I would buy the same as I LOVE the JessEm

I do raised panel

Reply to
Mike

Triton

Reply to
Leon

DeWalt 618

For the kind of work I do in the table yes. In the future I might get a Milwaukee 2 1/4 HP or 3hp for the power and the above table adjustment.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

Hitachi M12V

Reply to
Bob

Fri, Feb 25, 2005, 9:49pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com.not (MikeK) mumbles: And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it with another brand/model?

I gots me a Craftsman/Ryobi router in my router table, dedicated use. It does exacly what I want it to do. Buy another? Don't need to, I've got 3 more, just like it. Hehehe Didn't buy 'em new, by the way. Thinking of making another router table or two, for a bit different use. Decdicated routers, of course. That little bugger's been in there for a number of years now, with no problem, except the hold down for the switch broke - so now use a tiedown on the switch, and just plug, and unplut, it when I use it. Had a similar one in the table for about 3 years, previous to the present one. Thought a wire had burnt in two in it, but apparently just a lousy soldering job, and vibration broke the joint loose. One day I'll resolder it, then I'll have 4 spares.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

PC7538 Works good! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Bosch 1613aevs, used mainly in a table. It's one of the few that can repeatedly set the bit depth in 1/256 increments. A smaller, and older Craftsman handles the non-plunge hand-held jobs.

This was from before they had the precision (although expensive) router lifting fixtures for tables.

Many hand-held operations are somewhat easier with a smaller, and lighter router. Before you pick one (or two), think hard of what you'll mostly do with it.

GerryG

Reply to
GerryG

I have the same - and would do it again.

Dave

TeamCasa

Dewalt DW621 with the return spring and dust shroud removed. Variable speed not used often - larger drawer lock and miter lock sized bits. For bigger stuff I'd go with the 3 hp shaper in my Robland X31 combi. That one will spin a 7 inch cutter though I've not needed that capacity.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

usually the freudft2000 sometimes the pc690

Reply to
bridger

5HP Colombo RS-90 - There're specs at . I doubt that I'll ever need to buy another (but if I did, it'd be another Colombo.)
Reply to
Morris Dovey

The big silver and black one from Porter-Cable.

Yes.

No.

You are welcome.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Hi Charlie, Mind if I ask you how you removed the springs? I have the same router and would like to do the same. Unfortunately, I don't have any paperwork for the router. (Pawn shop special, paid 75 bucks for it. Got everything but the manual.) Later, Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

After some research I bought a Porter Cable 7518, a 3 HP machine. It is a heavy router with several speeds. Not a good router for hand held use--it's too big. I would buy it again.

Reply to
Phisherman
5625 Installation at the
link.
Reply to
pat

MikeK wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Freud FT2000Ex, and I'd buy it again. But my table is shop made, and I don't use a commercial router lift. That makes a huge difference in selection criteria.

I have three or four Porter Cables routers for hand use, but that's another thread.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I have the PC 890 series mounted on a Rousseau plate. Very nice. I really enjoy the "through-the-top" height adjustment. Plenty of power for what I've done so far.

I've had some performance issues but I'd be willing to buy the same router again (if needed). I'd also be open, however, to considering others.

Bill Leonhardt

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt