What Router Do You Use In Your Router Table..........

Page 1 of 2
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it with another brand/model?
Thanks,
PC 690.
--
Rumpty

Same.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:08:13 -0500, Rumpty wrote:

Same. I don't see the need for a more powerful router as I don't plan to do raised panels in the near future. But even then, I would borrow a friend's shaper.
If I were to buy a new router, it would be the Triton, which, from most accounts, seems to have met the complaints of most woodworkers.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email

Bosch 1617 evs Yes, I'd do it again. If I was doing raised panels, I'd go bigger.
You'd be OK with Bosch, PC, Milwaukee.

Ditto.
I might go for the big Hitachi or the Triton, but I really can't complain, and I've used it to raise panels.
I don't have a problem opening the front door on the table to adjust the height. The Bosch fixed base adjustment mechanism works great under a table.
Barry
MikeK wrote:

PC7518,
in a JessEm MastRLift router plate.....when I bought it, the JessEm was made for the 7518...so I did :-) It is a good router for table use.....the electronic startup is a bit funny but works fine... I would buy the same as I LOVE the JessEm
I do raised panel
--

\Mike
----------------

I have the same - and would do it again.
Dave
Triton

DeWalt 618

Milwaukee 2 1/4 HP or 3hp for the power and the above table adjustment.
Darrell
Hitachi M12V

My choice too... after a LOT of PC production routers. That Milwaukee 3 1/4 HP is a sweetie for both table and hand-held use.

I use a slightly older Milwaukee 3612BR 3 HP router. Works a treat in one of the tablesaw wings converted to router table use or by hand.
Fri, Feb 25, 2005, 9:49pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com.not (MikeK) mumbles: And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it with another brand/model?
I gots me a Craftsman/Ryobi router in my router table, dedicated use. It does exacly what I want it to do. Buy another? Don't need to, I've got 3 more, just like it. Hehehe Didn't buy 'em new, by the way. Thinking of making another router table or two, for a bit different use. Decdicated routers, of course. That little bugger's been in there for a number of years now, with no problem, except the hold down for the switch broke - so now use a tiedown on the switch, and just plug, and unplut, it when I use it. Had a similar one in the table for about 3 years, previous to the present one. Thought a wire had burnt in two in it, but apparently just a lousy soldering job, and vibration broke the joint loose. One day I'll resolder it, then I'll have 4 spares.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (MikeK)

My neighbor & I cobbled together my first router table, a pretty simple thing. Took a double electrical box, and wired a switch to switch both outlets of a duplex plug, so the router and the shopvac went on and off at the same time. Used one of the fancy, larger switches, so it was easier to hit in a hurry. I'm still using the switch, although everything else has been upgraded. I unplug the whole thing from the wall socket when I'm not using the table, or when changing bits & settings.
Good, cheap setup, all from leftovers on the shelf of two garage/shops.
Patriarch

PC7538 Works good! Greg
Bosch 1613aevs, used mainly in a table. It's one of the few that can repeatedly set the bit depth in 1/256 increments. A smaller, and older Craftsman handles the non-plunge hand-held jobs.
This was from before they had the precision (although expensive) router lifting fixtures for tables.
Many hand-held operations are somewhat easier with a smaller, and lighter router. Before you pick one (or two), think hard of what you'll mostly do with it.
GerryG

Dewalt DW621 with the return spring and dust shroud removed. Variable speed not used often - larger drawer lock and miter lock sized bits. For bigger stuff I'd go with the 3 hp shaper in my Robland X31 combi. That one will spin a 7 inch cutter though I've not needed that capacity.
charlie b

Mind if I ask you how you removed the springs? I have the same router and would like to do the same. Unfortunately, I don't have any paperwork for the router. (Pawn shop special, paid 75 bucks for it. Got everything but the manual.) Later, Beej
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:49:01 -0600, MikeK

usually the freudft2000 sometimes the pc690