What kind of hinge

When I was in college... long long ago, we had desks that I would like to (partially) copy.

It was just a seat with a desk top but the hinge was what I remember best. You would flip the desk top up to stand up and the desktop would flop down vertically.

Are these hinges single parts or two parts, what are they called and where should I look for them?

I think this would make a great laptop desk.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

As I remember, the hinges were double-acting, but made in one piece. The desktop pivoted up/down on a hinge that used a horizontal rod, then pivoted vertically on a pin (or something like that...). What *I* would do would be to look for a place that sold the obsolete and surplus equipment and furniture from colleges and schools. The local university (Univ. of Okla.) does that, as well as the state, which has a surplus auction site up in Okla. City near the Capitol. Buy one of the old desks and remove/re-use the hinge/pivot from it.

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Jack) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.cox.net:

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang