What is the best way to remove sawdust before finishing?

Page 2 of 2

Guess who wrote:

What type of finishes do you typically use?
And, the advice of Hax isn't directed at the amount but the almost insane reactions against using anything that some see as the least bit flammable/toxic/whatever... :(
Yeah, don't smoke while using naptha and don't sniff the can opening, but it's a common shop consumable, for heaven's sake!
I finish 90% of my projects with shellac and thus find that a wipedown with denatured alcohol kills two birds with one stone. For those who don't know, denatured alcohol is the solvent in shellac, and thus both removes dust and helps prepare for the finish.