What is it? Weekend Edition 10

  1. Someone sent this to me a week or two ago, you can test your memory on it since it was posted on the site over three years ago:
    next three haven't been posted before, for one reason or another they didn't make the cut for the web site

  1. Between 20 and 24 inches long:
    These three items all serve the same purpose, one of them is made of wood:
    Around 14 inches long:

Rob H.

Alexander Thesoso

39, is a double spout cast iron kettle, used in the railways sometimes
Reply to
George W Frost

41 is a milk expresser 42 is a couple of bench stops
Reply to
George W Frost

#42 Looks like loose piece for sand casting. The painted part is in contact with the sand and the unpainted part fits into a pattern or corebox (most likely corebox). Loose pieces are used to create parts of the casting that have undercuts.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Not correct but you aren't far off, it isn't for bleeding. They were all marked the same but I've just found out that the two round and flat ones had a different purpose than the longer piece, though they are all related.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

This item isn't a kettle nor is it for cooking.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope

There is just one of this object, shown from two different angles, it isn't a bench stop. It would have been found on a farm.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope, that's not what it was marked.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
  1. smelter or tea kettle for two 8>)

  1. scrapper plane

  2. original Breast Pump

  1. table dogs

Reply to
Michael Kenefick
  1. smelter or tea kettle for two 8>)

  1. scrapper plane

  2. original Breast Pump

  1. table dogs

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

I don't know if farmers often had to remove wagon wheels outdoors, but if a wheel had to be laid on the ground, this could keep the hub out of the dirt.

Reply to
J Burns

39 Is a oil lamp 42 Is a milk stool ( for you city people you sit on it to milk a cow by hand)
Reply to
Ralph

39 Is a oil lamp 42 Is a milk stool ( for you city people you sit on it to milk a cow by hand)
Reply to
Ralph

Correct, more specifically it's a yellow dog oil derrick lamp, as seen here:

42 Is a milk stool ( for you city people you sit on it to milk a cow by > hand) Yes, a one legged milk stool:

Rob H.

Correct, as Michael K. also answered, it's a breast pump, the two smaller related items are explained here:

you scroll down on that page there are links that show similar pumps to the one that I had posted.

All four have been answered correctly, thanks to everyone who participated, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

> If you scroll down on that page there are links that show similar pumps to

I totally forgot about number 40, I'll post the answer for it tomorrow if no one gets it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

#40 Spreading plaster?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Negative acupressure things? They'd swish a candle or long match around the inside, and put them on acupressure points, and as the air inside cools, it contracts, applying negative pressure to the point?

I guess it could suck out bad chi or something. ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nope, that's not it.