What is it? Weekend Edition 10

Page 1 of 2
39. Someone sent this to me a week or two ago, you can test your memory on it since it was posted on the site over three years ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2012/pic39.jpg
These next three haven't been posted before, for one reason or another they didn't make the cut for the web site
40. Between 20 and 24 inches long:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2012/pic40.jpg
41. These three items all serve the same purpose, one of them is made of wood:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2012/pic41.jpg
42. Around 14 inches long:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2012/pic42.jpg
Rob
41 Medical instruments for bleeding. Apply vacuum to some part of the body to draw blood out. I feel better already.
On 12/4/2010 10:54 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Not correct but you aren't far off, it isn't for bleeding. They were all marked the same but I've just found out that the two round and flat ones had a different purpose than the longer piece, though they are all related.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

Negative acupressure things? They'd swish a candle or long match around the inside, and put them on acupressure points, and as the air inside cools, it contracts, applying negative pressure to the point?
I guess it could suck out bad chi or something. ;-)
Thanks, Rich

39, is a double spout cast iron kettle, used in the railways sometimes

This item isn't a kettle nor is it for cooking.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

It's a lamp. AKA "yellow dog" used a lot around oil wells and rail yards in the past.
42 looks like a strap on milking stool. Strapped to your butt so you could walk up to bessie and sit down to milk without needing to carry a stool.
39 looks like an OLD long board sander.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
On 12/4/2010 2:18 PM, George W Frost wrote:

39 Is a oil lamp
42 Is a milk stool ( for you city people you sit on it to milk a cow by hand)

Correct, more specifically it's a yellow dog oil derrick lamp, as seen here:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/yellow-dog-oil-well-supply-derrick-lamp-hit-1

Yes, a one legged milk stool:
http://precisionpays.com/2010/11/that-was-then /
Rob
On 12/4/2010 2:18 PM, George W Frost wrote:

39 Is a oil lamp
42 Is a milk stool ( for you city people you sit on it to milk a cow by hand)

41 is a milk expresser
42 is a couple of bench stops
George W Frost wrote:

#42 Looks like loose piece for sand casting. The painted part is in contact with the sand and the unpainted part fits into a pattern or corebox (most likely corebox). Loose pieces are used to create parts of the casting that have undercuts.
-jim

Nope, that's not what it was marked.
Rob

Nope
There is just one of this object, shown from two different angles, it isn't a bench stop. It would have been found on a farm.
Rob
On 12/4/10 5:23 PM, Rob H. wrote:

I don't know if farmers often had to remove wagon wheels outdoors, but if a wheel had to be laid on the ground, this could keep the hub out of the dirt.

Correct, as Michael K. also answered, it's a breast pump, the two smaller related items are explained here:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/very-old-breast-shell-blown-glass-with-pontil-good
If you scroll down on that page there are links that show similar pumps to the one that I had posted.
All four have been answered correctly, thanks to everyone who participated, hope everyone has a great weekend!
Rob

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/very-old-breast-shell-blown-glass-with-pontil-good
I totally forgot about number 40, I'll post the answer for it tomorrow if no one gets it.
Rob
39. smelter or tea kettle for two 8>)
40. scrapper plane
41. original Breast Pump