What is it? Set 516

Page 1 of 2
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob

3007 : 3008 : chisel handle - wedge to remove chisel from handle 3009 : 3010 : 3011 :
1 out-of 5 is better than my usual ... :-) Thanks again, Rob - much enjoyed weekly exercise. John T.
--- ---

3007 : bread slicer
http://archive.pennysaverusa.com/category/merchandise-antiques-collectibles-antique_dealers/region/w-us-tx-titus-mount-pleasant-75455/duncannon-slice-a-slice-tea-sandwich-bread-slicer-vintage-29516920.html
John T.
--- ---

3008 is the handle of a manual(ly) hammer(ed) drill (star drill) for concrete or stone. The handle fits a taper on the butt end of the drill, and the taper extractor is to get it back off again. A small sledge is used to hammer it, and the flanges on the handle are to protect the holding hand in case of a miss.
3009 looks to me like an old drop-light cage. ('drop candle cage'?) <G>
3010 obviously a driver for an object that might have both a slotted cover and one with an offset hole (for security?) I've seen similar drivers for special equipment, but this one doesn't ring any bells.
3011 no clue. I can see how it works, and it's only good "on the lift", but I can't recall seeing any farm or lumbering equipment with such a quick-release handle on it.

These first two are correct

You have the right idea here

I don't have an answer for this one but for some reason thought it might be for use on milk cans.
On 10/24/2013 3:10 PM, Rob H. wrote:

The round hole offset, I remember seeing some thing like this on a GM family vehicle hub cap. Pontiac or Buick, maybe?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

This tool was not for use on cars.
On Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:19:30 AM UTC-5, Rob H. wrote:

3012 looks like pinch dogs, for clamping boards together, as Roy Underhill once demonstrated.
Sonny
On 10/24/2013 4:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3007 early version of the game "connect four" Or, traveling salesman's version of a cheese grater. 3008, no clue. 3009, part of a candle lantern. Or maybe bird cage for anorexic birds. 3010, a faucet key of sorts, for a restricted access port. I saw something like this a couple years ago, and the memory is escaping me. 3011, need a better picture. 3012, no clue
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Rob H. wrote:

3012 is a set of pinch dogs used in woodworking . Used to hold boards together while gluing or for shaping operations . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

Yes, I think pinch dogs is a more common name for these.

A few wild guesses, as usual:
3007. Used for making fresh pasta. 3008. Morse taper chisel handle. Wedge used to eject bit from handle. 3009. Cage for inspection lamp. Missing the working parts. 3010. A dunno. 3011. A handle (possibly one of a pair) for handling the ash can of a solid fuel fire/furnace/woodburner. 3012. Timber dogs, that's what we call 'em. Never seen the 'T' shaped one.
Nick.
On 10/24/2013 3:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3008. The original Hammer Drill. As an apprentice I spent many "enjoyable" hours drilling holes in concrete with one of those. I especially liked drilling up into ceilings while standing on top of a rickety old wooden ladder.
You have no idea how much a person can appreciates an electric hammer drill until you have made a few hundred holes with one of those drills.
A tapered bit fits into the drill handle. The key is used to change bits.
By the way, that was an excellent method for teaching someone how to use a hammer. :)
LdB

The one on my site was used by the phone company.

Partial credit for this one, it _is_ for use with a piece of bread, but not for toasting.
On 10/24/2013 3:13 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Bird feeder?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nope, not a feeder of any kind
On 10/24/13 3:13 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Ah, a perforated breadboard!

I don't think that I would call this device a breadboard, which is normally just a piece of wood, if you could describe how you think it's used then I could say whether it's correct or not.
On 10/24/13 5:07 PM, Rob H. wrote:

;) I was playing the fool. In the days of tubes, one would buy a breadboard to screw down components for an experimental circuit. Nowadays they use printed-circuit boards with hundreds of holes. They're often called perforated breadboards. http://tangentsoft.net/elec/breadboard.html